We believe that the lawful handling of personal information pertaining to customers, shareholders, executives, employees, and business partners is foundational to our business and a crucial part of our social responsibility. We have established the following personal information protection policy based on our representative’s business philosophy, which shall be disseminated to all executives and employees in the company, and will conduct all corporate activity as an entertainment company with a focus on compliance.
2. Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is defined as information pertaining to an existing individual that can be used to identify a specific individual based on name, date of birth, or other descriptions included in the information (including information that can be easily corroborated with other information to identify a particular individual) as well as information contained in personal identification numbers, such as facial recognition data However, personal information that can be used to identify an individual is not limited to information concerning an existing individual.
3. Scope of Application
4. Collecting and Using Personal Information
Personal information from customers will be used for the following purposes. We may outsource (provide) personal information to contractors deemed to have achieved a certain level within our personal information protection system to the extent necessary for accomplishing the purposes of use clearly specified to the customer.
- (1) Responding to customer inquiries and implementing services or processing payments
- (2) Hiring and managing executives and employees (human resource management, safety and health management, contacting employees in case of emergency, payroll, etc.)
- (3) For seasonal greetings
In addition to the items listed above, we will use personal information received from customers for services provided by our company for the following purposes.
- For research and development aimed at providing service and expanding features
- To send notifications, direct mail, online magazines, and contact accompanying use of our services
- To provide personal information to organizations, affiliates, and companies using our services based on customer consent and registration
- For developing and marketing new or improved services
- To conduct campaigns, surveys, monitoring, and reporting
- To verify and answer comments or questions regarding our services
- To investigate acts prohibited in our terms and conditions
We will thoroughly perform the following in regard to managing information provided by customers.
- (1) Ensure Accuracy of Information
We strive to ensure that information provided by customers is accurate and up-to-date.
- (2) Safety Management Controls
Handling of information is based on strict measures for systematic personal information management stipulated in our internal regulations.
- (3) Employee Supervision
We strictly enforce rules regarding the handling of personal information based on our company regulations.
- (4) Supervision of Contractors
When entrusting the handling of personal information to an external company, we entrust only contractors that satisfy requirements based on our regulations and make sure they are properly managed.
- (5) Retention Period and Discarding
There is a set retention period for information provided by customers, and information is discarded once that period is over. Information that becomes unnecessary even while still in the retention period will be discarded promptly.
We not provide third parties with personal information provided by customers. In the event that we do provide information to third parties in the future, we will state which information will be provided as well as the reasons and will do so only with the consent of the customer. We may also outsource personal information to other businesses to the extent necessary for achieving our purposes of use.
7. Disclosing, Correcting, and Suspending Usage of Personal Information
Should there be a request to disclose, correct, or suspend use of information, we will do so based on our company’s prescribed methods. For details on these methods, please contact our service center and we will respond as soon as possible.
We do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information posted on the Maruhan Website (“Our Website”). Our company and its affiliates assume no responsibility for direct or indirect losses incurred when using information or content on our website.
Enacted: March 8, 2005
Revised: April 1, 2017
Maruhan Co., Ltd.
President Yu Han